Terms and Conditions
By accessing, browsing, or using Varonis Systems, Inc. (including any of its affiliates an subsidiaries, ‘Varonis’) customer and partner sites, you acknowledge, on your behalf and on the behalf of the entity for which you are being granted access, that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Varonis may, without notice to you, at any time revise these Terms and Conditions and any other information contained in Varonis customer and partner sites by updating these Terms and Conditions. We may also make improvements or changes within Varonis customer and partner sites at any time without notice.
Your failure to comply with the Terms and Conditions, notices and rules on this site may result in your removal from Varonis customer and partner sites, without prior notice, and, to the extent you are an employee of service provider of Varonis, are cause for disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal and/or termination of the agreement with you.
Varonis Intellectual Property
Varonis customer and partner sites contains proprietary notices and copyright information, the terms of which must be observed and followed.
Varonis customer and partner sites and all content within Varonis customer and partner sites may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, distributed, or used for the creation of derivative works without Varonis' prior written consent, except that Varonis grants you non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited, revocable permission to access and display Varonis customer and partner sites pages, solely on your computer for Varonis' business purposes. This permission is conditioned on your not modifying the content displayed on this site, your keeping intact all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices, and your acceptance of any terms, conditions and notices accompanying the content or otherwise set forth in this site. This license is revocable at any time without notice and with or without cause. Notwithstanding the foregoing, any materials that are made available for downloading, access or other use from this site with their own license terms, conditions and notices will be governed by such terms, conditions and notices.
Except for the limited permission in the preceding paragraph, Varonis does not grant you any express or implied rights or licenses under any trademarks, copyrights, patents or other proprietary or intellectual property rights. You may not mirror any of the content from this site on another Web site or in any other media.
Users' Intellectual Property
Varonis customer and partner sites may provide you with the ability to create, post or share content.
You understand and agree that you will not obtain, as a result of your use of Varonis customer and partner sites, any right, title or interest in or to such content delivered via Varonis customer and partner sites or in any intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, any copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, or other rights) in the content.
You represent and warrant that: (I) you own the content posted by you on or through Varonis customer and partner sites or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in these Terms and Conditions, (II) the posting and use of content you post on or through Varonis customer and partner sites does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, intellectual property rights, or any other rights of any person, (III) the posting of content on Varonis customer and partner sites and the actual content is not intentionally misleading or defamatory, and (IV) the posting of content on Varonis customer and partner sites does not result in a breach of contract between you and a third party. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees and any other monies owing any person by reason of content you post on or through Varonis customer and partner sites. You also acknowledge and agree that content you post is non-confidential and non-proprietary to you.
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA“) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that electronic material infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials posted on Varonis customer and partner sites infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send Varonis a "Notification of Claimed Infringement" requesting that the material be removed or access to it blocked. The notice must include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the works that have been allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work alleged to have been infringed (or if multiple copyrighted works located on Varonis customer and partner sites are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works);
- Identification of the specific material alleged to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow Varonis to locate the material on Varonis customer and partner sites;
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address (if available);
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, the DMCA permits you to send us a counter-notice.
Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA. Notices and counter-notices with respect to Varonis customer and partner sites should be sent to:
Varonis Systems, Inc. Attention: Legal Department 1250 Broadway, 31st Floor New York, NY 10001, USA
Consult your legal advisor and see 17 U.S.C. § 512 before filing a notice or counter-notice as there are penalties for false claims under the DMCA.
Information on Varonis customer and partner sites is not promised or guaranteed to be correct, current or complete, and this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. You accept that any reliance on material posted by Varonis, other users or third-party service providers will be solely at your own risk. Varonis assumes no responsibility (and expressly disclaims responsibility) for updating this site to keep information current or to ensure the accuracy or completeness of any posted information.
You are solely responsible for the content you post on Varonis customer and partner sites. Varonis does not endorse any, nor is it responsible for, user content posted on Varonis customer and partner sites. You assume all risks associated with the content you post, including anyone’s reliance on its quality, accuracy or reliability. You may expose yourself to liability if, for example, such content contains material that is false, intentionally misleading or defamatory; violates third-party rights; or contains material that is unlawful or advocates the violation of any law or regulation. Varonis may review and remove any content at any time for any reason, including, without limitation, activity which, in its sole judgment: violates these Terms and Conditions; violates applicable laws, rules or regulations; is abusive, disruptive, offensive or illegal; or violates the rights of, or harms or threatens the safety of, users of Varonis customer and partner sites.
Varonis provides no assurances that any reported problems will be resolved by Varonis, even if Varonis elects to provide information with the goal of addressing a problem.
Varonis customer and partner sites should not be used to communicate confidential or proprietary information. Please note that any information or material transmitted via Varonis customer and partner sites may be viewed by individuals who should not have access to such information. It is your responsibility to ensure that the employees or third-party contractors who have access to the information that you post are authorized to see such information.
You hereby acknowledge and confirm that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the terms of the Confidentiality Agreement attached hereto exhibit A.
Your privacy is very important to us. Personal information you provide will be secured in accordance with industry standards and technology and existing Varonis practices and policies.
You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and for controlling access to your desktop, laptop or mobile device at all times while accessing Varonis customer and partner sites. You agree to notify us immediately of any breach in secrecy of your log-in information. If you have any reason to believe that your account information has been compromised or that your account has been accessed by a third party, you agree to immediately change your password and notify us by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
You have choices about the level and amount of information that you provide about yourself through Varonis customer and partner sites. You can Review, enhance or edit your personal information through your profile page.
Certain contact information (e.g., name, job title, email and telephone number) will be available for all Varonis employees and service providers. However, you can limit what other personal information is available through your Varonis customer and partner sites profile. Think carefully before you post your own personal information and never post the personal information of others without proper consent or approvals. Please ensure that the information that we hold about you is accurate and up to date by keeping Varonis informed of any changes to your personal data that you become aware of.
In the course of operating Varonis customer and partner sites, we may transfer some or all of your Personal Data within Varonis to the extent permitted by and in accordance with applicable local law. This may mean that your personal data is stored outside the country in which you live or work, most likely in the United States.
These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and Varonis concerning your use of Varonis customer and partner sites. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the applicable provision, and the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall remain in full force and effect. The section titles in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
This Non-Disclosure Agreement (this “Agreement”) is entered into effective as of the date of your initial access, browsing, or use of Varonis customer and partner sites (including without limitation Varonis’ portal) by and between Varonis Systems, Inc. (including its affiliates and subsidiaries, the “Company”) and the individual(s) and the entity accessing, browsing or using Varonis customer and partner sites (“Recipient”)
- For the purposes of this Agreement, “Confidential Information” means any and all information and its copies, including, but not limited to, documentation, scientific, designs, software, prototypes, product, technical or business information, business plans, financial information, ideas, discoveries, inventions, specifications, formulae, processes, programs, plans, drawings, models, network configuration and rights-of-way, requirements, standards, financial and non-financial data, marketing, trade and manufacturing and know-how secrets, customer lists, prices, as well as any and all intellectual and industrial property rights contained therein and/or in relation thereto; provided however, that Confidential Information shall not include information which is required or compelled by law to be disclosed, provided that Recipient gives reasonable prior notice to the Company to allow it to seek protective or other court orders.
- Recipient shall use the Confidential Information disclosed by the Company to Recipient, including without limitation information acquired by Recipient from the Company’s employees or inspection of the Company’s property only for the purpose of the following (“Activity”): (i) the Recipient use of Varonis customer and partner sites, and (ii) the evaluation of potential business opportunities between the Company and Recipient.
- Recipient shall keep Confidential Information of the Company in confidence; disclose it only to Recipient’s employees with a genuine need to know and who are under confidentiality restrictions and other restrictions under this Agreement not materially less restrictive than those set forth herein; and reproduce it only to the extent necessary for the Activity, for an unlimited period. Recipient shall protect Confidential Information of the Company with at least the same degree of care as it normally exercises to protect its own Confidential Information of a similar nature, but no less than a reasonable degree of care. Recipient must take all precautions to maintain the confidentiality of the Confidential Information and to protect the Confidential Information from unauthorized use or disclosure. If Recipient becomes aware of any unauthorized use or disclosure of the Confidential Information, Recipient must: (i) immediately notify the Company in writing, and (ii) at Recipient’s expense, take all steps which the Company may require to remedy, prevent or stop the breach. Recipient is responsible for any unauthorized use or disclosure of the Confidential Information by any of its employees and/or any other party to which Recipient disclosed the Confidential Information and must do all that is necessary to prevent any such unauthorized use or disclosure.
- Recipient must not disclose any Confidential Information to any person except: (i) with the prior written consent of the Company, (ii) as required by law, or (iii) to any employees with a genuine need to know. If Recipient is required by law to disclose any Confidential Information, Recipient must, as soon as reasonably practicable and prior to any disclosure: (i) notify the Company of the requirement to disclose the Confidential Information, (ii) give the Company a reasonable opportunity to take any steps which the Company considers necessary to protect the confidentiality of the Confidential Information, and (iii) do whatever is necessary to ensure that any Confidential Information disclosed is treated with confidence (including notifying the requestor that the Confidential Information is confidential to the Company).
- All Confidential Information provided by the Company is provided ‘As Is’ and without any warranty, express, implied or otherwise, regarding its accuracy or performance and it shall remain the sole property of the Company. For the avoidance of any doubt, the Company shall incur no liability whatsoever as a result of the use of its Confidential Information.
- Recipient, at the request of the Company, shall return to the Company all Confidential Information received from the Company and copies thereof or, at the request of the Company destroy the Confidential Information and all copies thereof and furnish to the Company a written statement attesting to their destruction.
- No license, under any trademark, patent, copyright, mask work protection right or any other intellectual property is either granted or implied by the conveying of Confidential Information to Recipient. None of the Confidential Information which may be disclosed by the Company shall constitute any representation, warranty, assurance, guarantee or inducement by the Company of any kind, and, in particular, with respect to the non-infringement of any intellectual property rights, or other rights of third parties or the Company.
- Neither this Agreement, nor the disclosure of Confidential Information under this Agreement, nor the ongoing discussions and correspondence between the parties, shall constitute or imply a commitment or binding obligation between the parties to enter into any commercial relationship. If, in the future, the parties elect to enter into a binding commitment regarding a commercial relationship, such commitment will be explicitly stated in a separate, definitive written agreement executed by both parties, and the parties hereby affirm that they do not intend their discussions, correspondence, and other activities to be construed as forming a contract relating thereto or any other transaction between them without execution of such separate, definitive written agreement.
- Recipient agrees that any violation or threat of violation hereof will result in irreparable harm to the Company for which damages would be an inadequate remedy. Therefore, in addition to its rights and remedies otherwise available at law, the Company shall be entitled to equitable relief as a court may deem proper, including injunctions, to prevent any unauthorized use, disclosure or breach hereof.
- Recipient shall adhere to all applicable export laws and regulations and shall not export or re-export or otherwise transmit, directly or indirectly, any Confidential Information, or the direct product of Confidential Information, except with the applicable government export approvals or export permits.
- Recipient hereby declares and agrees that any information and/or idea and/or patent and or development plan which shall be developed, acquired or attained by him, in whole or in part, during its business relationship with the Company and with respect to the Activity shall fully belong to the Company and that the Company shall have all rights including intellectual property rights in such information. Nothing herein will be construed as granting to Recipient any rights, express or implied, in the Company’s Confidential Information, other than the right to use it for the Activity, and Recipient shall not be allowed to: (i) modify, or create any derivative work of, the Company’s Confidential Information or any portion thereof; (ii) reverse assemble, decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive source code (or the underlying ideas, algorithms, structure or organization) from the Company’s Confidential Information; (iii) copy the Company’s product or include any portion of the Company’s product in any other software program; (iv) develop any other products containing any of the concepts and ideas contained in the Company’s Confidential Information that are not readily apparent from normal use of the Company’s Confidential Information; and (v) develop methods to enable unauthorized parties to use the Company’s Confidential Information.
- Recipient acknowledges and agrees that it is aware that by receiving the Company's Confidential Information (a) it may receive material, non-public information about the Company and (b) there exist securities laws that may restrict or eliminate its ability to sell or purchase the Company's securities. Recipient agrees to comply fully with all securities laws in connection with such securities and further agrees that it shall not, directly or indirectly, communicate the Company's Confidential Information to any other party under circumstances in which it is reasonably foreseeable that such party is likely to act in violation of securities laws.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding between the parties hereto with respect to the subject matter hereof and merges all prior discussions between them relating thereto. Any finding that a provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable shall apply only to such provision. Where a party executes this Agreement and faxes it to the other party, such other party may rely on the facsimile copy of this Agreement as if it was an original document.
- No amendment or modification of this Agreement shall be valid or binding on the parties unless made in writing and signed by the parties’ respective duly authorized representatives.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without regard to the principles of the conflict of laws. The competent federal and state courts located in the city of New York, New York, shall have exclusive jurisdiction to adjudicate any dispute arising out of this Agreement.
- All notices hereunder shall be sent to either party at the address and to the contact person specified above, or such other address or contact as the respective party may specify from time to time in accordance with the provisions hereof.
- Recipient agrees that all of its obligations undertaken herein relating to Confidential Information shall survive termination.